Monday, February 25, 2013

Stepping into the Roles of a GFP Crew Member: STEP 3

 
Happy Monday to you all, welcome to the third section in my mini-series here at Glory Film Productions. Enjoy!

STEP 3: Lights, Camera, Action!

Filming is (obviously) an extremely vital component in the movie making scheme. Cinematography is, as I have previously stated, not my forte. Thus developing the script into a visual format is left to Camera Queen Leah K.

However, I am by no means left out of the filming process. Even if I'm not acting in front of a camera or an audience, I have found an excellent past-time: being behind a camera filming Leah behind the camera. Behind the scenes clips are my thing- watching and filming- so I get a close-up view of how the movie making is done.

Filming has it's own set of challenges. If it rains it pours, (see BTS Files: Rained Out) if it's a fifteen frame scene it's a fifty take day. Being on set or location can be a tedious task, but it can also one of the lots of fun (see What REALLY happens while we're filming). It's when you finally see that plot that's been in your head come to life. When those strokes of ink on a page turn into sounds coming from someone's voice. By the end of the day, you may have only completed a three minute section, but that's three minutes more than you had before (and trust me, we're grateful for every minute we get!)

Forever One of a Kind,
Meredith G. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment